No doubt you have heard of some laws that are ridiculous in nature, especially internationally. However taking a quick look at our own legal system will show that the United States is no exception to having crazy rules that you would think shouldn’t need to exist:
- Alabama: Currently holds a law which makes it illegal for any one classified as an “idiot” or any person who is insane to vote.
- Alaska: A law Alska has may seem like a no brainer; it is strictly illegal to supply liqour to a minor, and also to a moose.
- Arizona: One must have a special permit renewed every year that allows you to feed spoiled foodstuffs to your pigs.
- Arkansas: Mis pronouncing the name of the state isn’t just rude in Arkansas, they have deemed that an offense such as that is downright illegal. Imagine telling your cell mate what you are in for.
- California: If for some odd reason you are having a frog jumping contest (huh?) and a frog suffers a fatal injury (how?) you are barred from using the frogs remains as a food source.
- Colorado: Another no brainer, as a horse is a vehicle you are not allowed to operate the horse while under the influnece of any narcotics or alchol.
- Conneticut: For a pickle to legally qualify for the illustrious title of pickle it must bounce off of the floor when thrown, other wise it is simply a cucumber soaked in vinegar.
- Deleware: There are grounds for annulment if you happen to get married because of any dares.
- Florida: There are several rules in Florida which prohibit any kind of contest, promotion, or activity that could possibly endanger an individual that has dwarfism.
- Georgia: Using foul language to any individual under the age of fourteen is disorderly conduct. If they are older then fifteen then go ahead.
- Hawaii: As of 2013, car passengers who don’t wear seat belts are subject to $100 fines. If all the seats are full, though, don’t worry: it’s totally legal for anyone over 12 years old to hang out in the bed of the truck. In the open. With zero protection.
- Idaho: Cannibalism will get you up to 14 years in prison… except in extreme cases where you had to eat your friend to survive. And if that’s the case, you’ve already been punished enough.
As you can see there are a multitude of laws that would be seen as no brainers, or just plain crazy.