More Crazy Laws
Continuing with last posts theme about the craziest laws in each state we present:
- Illinois: Falling asleep in a cheese factory, bakery, confectionery, or a creamery is strictly illegal, mostly due to the Illinois Sanitary Food Preperation Act.
- Indiana: It is prohibited to catch a fish with your bare hands anywhere within the state of Indiana, nevermind if you actually could.
- Iowa: Boxes which are used to store or ship hops must measure exactly thirt six (36) inches in length, anything over or under is punishable.
- Kansas: Owning any gambling device made after 1950 is a crime, if it was made before 1950 it is free and legal to own.
- Kentucky: Dye a baby chick, duckling, or rabbit any hue of the rainbow in Kentucky and you’ll be charged a $100-$500 fine. You’re also not allowed to sell them.
- Louisiana: Any insultive or abusive remarks are forbidden from any boxing match, although any other sporting event is completely free reign.
- Maine: Even as a non-profit orginization you must obtain a license to be able to host a raffle, however the prize cannot be any form of alcohol or a live animal.
- Maryland: This state has a law barring the sale of non-latex condoms in any bathroom vending machines.
- Massachusetts: Exploding golf balls are not allowed in MA. First-time violators get a fine of up to $500, but don’t make this a career, because repeat offenders can earn jail time.
- Michigan: There is an explicit law making drinking and being inebriated on a train thanks to Act 68 of 1913.
- Minnesota: A Minnesota law makes sure that greased pig contests as well as turkey scrambles are unlawful.
- Mississippi: Any illegitimate child is forgiven however upon having the second illegitimate child you will be found to be breaking a established Mississippi law.
- Missouri: If for any reason a sherriff is to be imprisoned in their home county jail, the coroner is thereby in charge of the jail until such time as a new sheriff is established.
- Montana: Montana has several laws which establish that scavenging roadkill for meat is entirely legal.
- Nebraska: There are several laws in place that prohibit any one diagnosed with a venerial disease from marrying within the state.
- Nevada: Any object thrown from a chairlift in Nevada is seen as illegal and can result in a fine or even jail time.
- New Hampshire: You’ve got to be strategic about your seaweed harvesting in NH. Carrying the stuff “from seashore below high-water mark” after the sun has set is a violation of the state’s fish and game provisions.